Pharmaceutical News of the Week (July. 20th-July. 24th) | PharmaSources.com - Updates on Performance,Volumn-based Procurement and Others

CaicaiJuly 29, 2020

Tag: Pharmaceutical , cancer , antibody

The hottest event of the week was the official kick-off of the volumn-based procurement of the third batch of pharmaceutical products organized in China, with 86 specifications started to be acquired the basic information. Regarding other aspects, no new drugs other than Humanwell’s Class 1 new drug remimazolam besylate were approved for marketing. Now, let’s review the hot events of the pharmaceutical industry this week. The news involved 6 sections: approval, R&D, performance, volumn-based procurement, listing, and transactions that happened during July 20-24, including 24 pieces.

Performance

17. Novartis released its 2020 H1 performance report on July 21. Its net sales reached USD23.63 billion, growing by 6% year on year; its net income reached USD4.04 billion, growing by 11% year on year; the sales of its core product: Entresto reached USD1.149 billion, growing by 50%; the sale of Cosentyx reached USD1.874 billion, growing by 15%; the sales of Zolgensma reached USD375 million, and the sales of Kisqali reached USD320 million.

18. Roche released its 2020 H1 performance report on July 23. Its total income reached CHF29.3 billion, down by 4% year on year; wherein, the income of its pharmaceutical business reached CHF23.2 billion, down by 4% year on year. Roche was seriously affected by COVID-19 in 2020 Q2, with sales revenue experiencing negative growth for the first time, down by 4%; in particular, its sales revenue seriously declined by 15% in May.

Volumn-based Procurement

19. Sunshine Medical Procurement All-In-One released the Notice on Conducting the Acquisition of Basic Information on Some Pharmaceutical Products on July 21 to prepare for the volumn-based procurement of the third batch of pharmaceutical products. The 86 specifications (of 56 varieties) involved are consistent with the previous list for provinces to submit the procurement quantity. The requirements on the pharmaceutical products for volumn-based procurement and the scope of applying enterprises are consistent with the previous round of volumn-based procurement organized in China.

Pharmaceutical News of the Week (July. 13th-July. 17th) | PharmaSources.com - Updates on Performance,Centralized Procurement and Others

Listing

20. Jiangsu Aidea Pharmaceutical was formally listed on the STAR Market on July 20, with not more than 90 million shares issued at RMB13.99/share, corresponding to a P/E of 285.07.

21. Sunshine Guojian was listed on the STAR Market on July 22, with 61.62 million shares issued at RMB28.18/share to raise a total of RMB1.736 billion. Established in Zhangjiang in 2002, Sunshine Guojian is a controlled subsidiary of 3SBio. And this listing was a spin-off one. Sunshine Guojian is among China’s first pharmaceutical enterprises focusing on antibody drugs and has two therapeutic antibody drugs marketed.

Transactions

22. Assembly Biosciences and BeiGene entered into a collaboration in China on July 20 for Assembly’s portfolio of 3 clinical-stage core inhibitor candidates for the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. Assembly will receive an upfront cash payment of USD40 million and is eligible to receive up to approximately USD500 million in potential development, regulatory and net sales milestone payments.

23. Gilead announced on July 21 that it would invest USD300 million to acquire a 49.9% equity interest in Tizona Therapeutics. Gilead will also receive an exclusive option to acquire the remaining 50.1% equity of Tizona for up to an additional USD1.25 billion, including an option exercise fee and potential future milestone payments.

24. Hansoh Pharmaceutical entered into a strategic collaboration and license agreement with EQRx on July 23 to grant an exclusive license to permit EQRx to research, develop, manufacture and commercialize almonertinib (and any product containing or comprising of almonertinib) in the field of treatment of cancer, cancer-related and immune-inflammatory diseases in humans outside of China. Pursuant to the agreement, Hansoh is eligible to receive upfront and regulatory and development milestone payments of approximately USD100 million.


Related News:

Pharmaceutical News of the Week (July. 20th-July. 24th) | PharmaSources.com - Updates on Approvals


CPhI China 2020 To Be Postponed to Dec. 16-18th,

Register as Visitor to the 20th Edition of CPhI China!

展会延期900x400.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Editor's Note:

To become a freelance writer of PharmaSources.com,

welcome to send your CV and sample works to us,

Email: Julia.Zhang@imsinoexpo.com.